Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More of the Bailey Black Saga

I was so happy to finally get my first shipment of copies of Bailey Black.  But several people have attemped to secure copies of Bailey Black through the usual channels (Barnes and Nobles, and Amazon) have ordered the book, only to have the orders cancelled due to lack of availability.  Today when I checked both companies' website, the book was indeed available.  But when I tried to purchase the book at Amazon, the Amazon website would said the book was currently not available.  Barnes and Nobles says the book is now available on its website.  I guess it just depends on the day and the hour one places the order.

In a related situation, at least one person who ordered Bailey Black prior to the publication date, then received the wrong book, has finally received the correct book.  In the meantime, I was in contact with my publisher trying to get the situation straightened out.  I do not know if the situation is straightened out yet.  Only time will tell.

Having the book in my possession leads me to believe that if orders have not been fulfilled, they will be soon. I would like to thank everyone for their support in purchasing my book.  I feel like the story was a gift from the Spirit of West Texas, not solely a product of my own creation.  Now that the book is out and (supposedly) available, I find that I am a little self-conscious of having the book read by relatives, friends, and strangers, alike.  But I told it just like it was given to me on a dark ride through the desert several years ago. 

I hope that Bailey Black not only provides some entertainment and escape, but also provokes the reader to see the elusive beauty of West Texas.  Yes, there are some ugly spots out here, but there are also some hauntingly beautiful places.  And it is all waiting to be discovered by the traveler willing to slow down and bear with the desert until reaching that hidden oasis, finding that waterfall that is only seen immediately after a thunderstorm, or spotting the lone coyote sneaking through the scrubs and sand dunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...