Monday, January 17, 2011

Bailey Black - Now Available at Amazon, and Barnes and Noble

I did not know what it was going to feel like...you know, how it would feel when the book actually hit the market.  Well, let me tell you what happened, and you can decide for yourself.  When I received word from the publisher that the book was available online, I went directly to the Barnes and Nobles website.  The next thing I was aware of was my lovely bride jumping out of her skin as someone was yelling a wild Texas yell.  That person was me, it turned out.  I did not even realize I had done so.  But as Sweetie's claws released from the ceiling and she fell, then settled back to the floor on all fours, in cat-like grace, there was no doubt that I had celebrated out loud.

She was actually very pleased to, she told me, after she semi-calmly mentioned that I had slightly startled her, and could I please be just a tad quieter at the next moment of great joy.  A reasonable request.

So, Bailey Black, the book, is finally out on the market, available at those old reliable (not really so old) institutions, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.  If not already, Bailey Black will also be available on Kindle.  So, now I am living the life of the published author.  The great celebrity status I now enjoy is really not much different from the great non-celebrity status I enjoyed less than twenty-four hours ago.  I can't believe Oprah has not already called and set my interview date.  Nor has Clint Eastwood started the negotiations for the movie rights.  But I just KNOW those things are about to happen.  Right?

Actually, looking for Bailey Black on the Internet can offer some real surprises.  For instance, (and some of you may already know this) Bailey Black of modern times turns out to be a Playboy Bunny.  That's right.  And, another Meeks, more prominent (and a lot smarter) than myself has a book out about quantum mathematics.  By the way, our Miss Bailey Black is cute.  I hope she moves on to more diverse means of making a living as time goes on. 

Well, I would like to thank everyone for their support during the trials and the waiting while Bailey Black hovered somewhere between my keyboard and the book bins at PublishAmerica.  It is also on Kindle and I hope on Nook and some of the other applications.  Thanks again, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...