Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Bailey Black Set-back

I have been patiently waiting for my first shipment of my copies of Bailey Black.  You know, "allow two -five weeks for delivery."  By the way, have you ever noticed that if a range of delivery dates are provided, the parcel in question will generally arrive in the latter portion of the delivery range.  There must be a conspiracy between all companies shipping things and all parcel carriers delivering the thing.  This conspiracy is down so pat that no parcel is EVER delivered on the FIRST day of the two weeks part of the delivery range.

Anyway, so five weeks later, on the next to last day of the high-end of the delivery range, the UPS truck arrives.  I was confused by the arrival of the UPS today as there is one more day on the projected delivery range; nonetheless, I gleefully ripped open the said delivery.  My treasure, my new books, were only one thin cardboard layer away from my love at first sight.  So I ripped open the box!! And got a most unpleasant surprise.  The books inside were not my copies of Bailey Black!!

I have to be honest about that moment.  One curse word did escape my lips, but, since this is a family channel, I will not repeat that four-letter word.  Suffice to say that I controlled myself remarkably well.
The good news is that the publisher happily corrected the order, and my copies of Bailey Black are once again in shipment...expected delivery: two to five weeks.

Uh...has anyone seen the Wahhmbulance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...