Monday, October 11, 2010

SOMETHING Prowls the Island!

I placed the garbage out last night in the temporary holding place on our front porch. This is on the second floor. This morning, it turns out that something got into the garbage. This is somewhat mysterious to me since there are no known stray dogs on the Island. So I had to turn my speculative powers toward other canivoric possibilities. For instance, could it have been a fox, a skunk, or even a coyote? Something else?

The good thing was that whatever got into the garbage was a very neat scavenger. There were two bags of garbage but our guest chose to sample only one. Further, the unknown gourmet also kept the "mess" in about a two-square foot area, so much the easier for cleanup. If I knew which critter to thank, I would certainly express my gratitude.

But what if this garbage-carving stranger is something worse? I mean, it is getting closer to Halloween. Suppose this was not the average residential scavenger. What if it was, for instance, a wayward Chupacabra? Yes...that could be it. Since there was no blood supply readily available (I keep two locks in operation at all times) the poor (mythical?) creature had to resort to the next best thing...my wife's two day old cooking. And the thing could not have gotten our neighbor's blood due to the cannabis fumes and smoke enveloping his residence.

Whatever the beast, my next step is to identify the creature and then I will...

Oh, wait, my wife just knocked me back into reality. After I apply heat to my aching head, I will make a resolution never to leave garbage outside the garbage dumpster again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...