Friday, October 1, 2010

Bailey Black on the Road to the Press

It seems like no matter how many times I edited and re-edited my manuscript, there were always little changes to be made. Two other people also read the manuscript and changes were made on suggestions. I suppose I could read anew everyday and still find something to change. At that point the story may become "stiff" and lose some of the excitement and adventure that I personally felt as I was writing this, the only written record that Bailey Black ever existed. Oh yeah, there are the wanted posters, but they were torn down as soon as word of Bailey's demise spread across the desert. I wonder who will get his ranch in Colorado. Will they find Bailey's hidden wealth. What will happen to that money in the bank in Waco. Oh, it is easy to forget, this is just a story made up, and Bailey Black is just a figment of my imagination. True? Maybe.

I appreciate those of you who may be following me as I experience the joy of being a published, if not widely read, author. It was such fun writing the book. I felt like I was there with Bailey Black as the Sheriff followed him into the desert. I felt somehow transported to Tom Belger's side as he and Dub Giles tracked Bailey Black. I know the hair on my neck stood up when Giles told us, I mean Tom, that somehow Bailey Black had faked the trail and could even now be pointing a rifle our way! Then I was back again, in my writing chair. I hope readers will feel transported to Dora, and to the sand dunes beyond, as they turn the pages in my book. Even though the love affair was brief, I hope the reader can look into the deep pools of Hattie's eyes, down to her soul, as she falls hopelessly for Tom Belger. And surely the reader will share the mixed feelings of both satisfaction that Bailey Black paid his dues, and sadness at his demise while he saved Hattie and the girls from the ravages of the Dalton Brothers. Above all, I hope the reader feels the wonder and awe, the beauty and brilliance, as the Sheriff and Bailey Black walk away into that bright and perfect Light waiting for them in the Beyond.

Thanks again for staying with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...