Saturday, November 13, 2010

West Texas

The deed is finally done.  I said goodbye to the Third Coast and Some'r Surfin' on Thursday night and headed for central Texas.  After a brief stopover at my mother's place, I traveled on to West Texas.  I arrived in Midland just after 5:00 P.M. and just in time to visit with Child B before she left Midland for points unknown.  I will see her again Monday.  Later last night, I had dinner with Child A.  He is also starting a new job and seems to be really happy with his new company.  Unhappily, I had to leave my spouse in Houston, but she will make the trip out  here in a few weeks...much better than the two year separation we had last time.

I am happy to be back out here in the desert; after all, it was my exposure to this area that eventually inspired to tale of Bailey Black.  As I have mentioned on occasion, the pure blue sky and the unmatchable sunsets offset the sometimes less than spectacular scenery around the immediate Midland area.  Just a few miles further west you will run across the sand dunes that comprise one of the largest beaches in the world, although they forgot to add water years ago when the dunes were formed.  Yes, I will miss my daily walks along the beach, but I will save several dollars per week in Cheetos which I will no longer be feeding to the sea gulls.  My spouse has always loved West Texas and she is thrilled to be returning to her old stomping ground.

As far as this blog, I still do not have Internet service, but there are a number of free wi-fi spots around so this will not be an issue.  I really appreciate all my readers and I especially thank you for staying with me during the past few days when I was off the air.  I will turn on my opinion mill again as I assume my new position in West Texas.  So many things are going on locally, across the state, and across the nation.  Around the world things just keep spiraling out of control.  And at the same time good things are happening all around us.  I believe that the good outweighs and overcomes the bad and that is as it should be.  But occasionally bad things happen, corrupt officials try to use their power corruptly, and war and terror rage on.  I try to keep an optimistic outlook (my wife's true function in life) as well as occasionally comment intelligently on some of the issues. 

So...stay tuned.  Once again, I appreciate each of you and I wish the best for all of you through the remainder of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...