Friday, November 5, 2010

Bailey Black and the Beach House

What a great time.  The elections are over, with a lot of change in store (I hope).  The big presidential trip to India is coming up, so many exciting things!

Here on the home front, exciting things are happening too!  The my final review of Bailey Black proofs is completed and the proof are now at the publisher for final editing.  I don't know when the first printing will run, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a pre-Christmas release.  This has been a learning experience for me, with mistakes made, but knowledge gained as well.  I don't know that I will use the same publisher next time, or maybe so.  Another book is in the works, as well as some articles pertaining to Texas history, which is my true love, as far as writing is concerned.

I am currently typing in the beach house, but I will certainly be out of here by the end of the week.  My Internet service will be turned off today, so after this posting, I will be forced to pirate free Internet somewhere to keep the blog going.  I hope if you don't here from me for a day or two, you will bear with me.  Within a few days I will be up and running again in a new base of operations, as we used to say in the PI business.  Of course my "base of operations" was a spare corner that my wife let me sit in and use my laptop.  She is sometimes picky about my "office space."

So, I will have news about Bailey Black hitting the shelves soon, I hope.  And I will be taking my final walk along the beach.  After this, strolls along the beach will be only at vacation time.  And I can't wait!  But, having said that, I also look forward to returning to the desert.  There is sand there, just not as much water.  But the deepest blue sky is waiting out there, and those sunsets that just can't be equaled.  So, while there is some sadness at leaving the beach, there is a lot of anticipation about returning to the desert and the new job out there.  Sweetie will follow me in only four weeks, instead of TWO YEARS! 

I appreciate everyone who has taken time to read my little blog.  I am grateful for each one of you.  I am honored to have some readers from Mexico, Canada and from overseas as well.  So again, bear with me a few days while I relocate, then I will be back to spouting out non-essential knowledge and stuff (that is the professional term for it).  Take care, and I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...