Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bailey Black in the Spotlight

It is a great feeling to see my name in the lights, so to speak.  My book Bailey Black was featured on the front page of my hometown newspaper, the Gatesville (TX) Messenger.  It was especially pleasing to see that the story was "front page news."  I would like to thank Mr. Larry Kennedy, the editor, for featuring Bailey Black and the story behind the book.  The news story expresses my feelings about this book so well. 

I would like to thank Barbara Waters Rhudy for reading the manuscript and suggesting corrections.  She liked the story from the start, so that was a good thing.  My own Child B also read the manuscript and kept up the encouragement as I went through the publication process.  It was a great experience and very educational.  Now that the book is actually on the market, there is that feeling of...well...being totally exposed.  I guess it reminds me of those dreams I sometimes have in which I am sitting in a class room, or worse...church!, and I find that I am in my underwear and everyone else is fully dressed.  The book is there for everyone to see, flaws and all. 

If you just want a light, fast, and entertaining story that will let you relax but be excited at the same time, I urge you to read Bailey Black.  By the way, book signing planned for April at the museum in Gatesville.  I will have details about it later.  Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and especially to those of you who have bought the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...