Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It Truly Is A Time For Change

President Obama ran on the theme that it was time for "change." Since his election, to this very day, he has said we (I am not sure which "we" he was speaking of) are ready for "change." On this I agree whole-heartedly with the President.

We (and I mean those of us who are tired of, and afraid of, Mr. Obama's brand of change) are truly ready for CHANGE. In my latest post I went on a rant about Mr. and Mrs. Obama. I have no rant today. Instead, I have a calm and rational plea that I would like to make.

President Obama is our President and there is nothing to be done about that now. BUT, there is something I would like to ask of each of us now:

1. Learn the background and agenda of each candidate that you support. Do not be led by the press or those in power who are promoting a certain candidate. In other words, educate yourself and make up YOUR mind. All of us have one.

2. Make sure you show up to vote, don't just "think" your vote. This may help you feel better, but you will still be in someone else's boat, and at the mercy of those at the wheel.

3. Maybe now is the time for change, in regards to term limits. I have always been opposed to term limits because I wanted to be free to vote for whom I wanted. If a Senator has been in office for twenty years, I might want to keep the Senator if I was pleased with his or her performance. Same with the House of Representatives. But I have revised my opinion in this matter. It appears that the only way to rid ourselves of parasitic government is by turning out the parasites every so often. As it stands now, the incumbent tends to remain that way. YOU AND I SUFFER FOR IT. We (the common, average citizen) are footing the bill for runaway government. And, from hearing various politicos talking, it appears that they believe they are entitled to your money, AND they are entitled TO FORCE THEIR AGENDA ON YOU. The longer they are in power, the more they can force on you. Term limits do not seem like such a bad thing, in retrospect.

4. Please pause with me just a moment, and visualize this idea, and personalize it: The "Government" does not "have money," does not "make money." and does not "create" income. Government DOES tax citizens and businesses, does levy administration fees and fines, and DOES FEED ON ITSELF. That is to say, Government increases exponentially when unchecked by the citizenry.

President Lincoln said most eloquently, and (I believe) meant it most sincerely, that the goverment exists "of the People, by the People, and FOR the People." (My emphasis)

Do you believe, at this moment in history, that our present government is "of the people." In fact, in all but the local offices, goverment is "of" a ruling class that is determined to dictate terms of existence to you and me. This class of people has no concept of what life is like for the average person. If the opposite were true, would it not be easy for "anyone" to run for president, senator, congressman, governor, state representative? Can YOU or I afford to run for any office other than local dog catcher. NO!

Do you believe, at this moment in history, that government is BY THE PEOPLE? Seventy percent (or more) of the people are against the mosque being built near ground zero. Are any politicians coming to our aid? Right! Eighty percent of the people are against "government" insurance. Just look at where our "representatives" stand on this issue. "Bailouts" from the government to giant corporations? Same thing. "The People" were violently opposed. And now, BP has quietly "turned over" the cleanup fund to the "government." Guess what? BP HAD money. But with the "government" administrating the cleanup effort, do you really believe BP will spend anymore of its own money? Really??

Do you believe, at this moment in history, that our goverment is FOR the people. With more than seventy percent of the people displeased with Congress, and sixty or more disappointed with the president, I would have to say "no" on this one also. Government goes on, and GROWS ON, IN SPITE OF THE WISHES OF THE PEOPLE.

Well, this blog is finished. The choice is yours: Complain and BOHICA, or DO SOMETHING BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Please make your voice heard at the polls this time. Both in November, and in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...