Monday, February 1, 2016

Super Bowl 50 - It's Just Chicken Wings To Me

As most Americans are aware, Super Bowl 50 will be played this Sunday, February 7th, between the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers.  But I suspect very few Americans know another fact: American football fans will eat at least 1.3 BILLION chicken wings during that football game.  That's right! 1.3 billion with a "B"!  I think this is a very tasty fact, and I would like to do my part to help reach that huge figure.  I love chicken wings!

Yes, a lot of chickens will make the ultimate sacrifice for the upcoming Super Bowl games, but I recently came across an article that helps put this great sacrifice into perspective.  For instance, according to this source, 1.3 billion chicken wings translate to 600 wings per every seat in all the NFL stadiums combined (32 stadiums around the nation).  I can eat a few wings, maybe a dozen, but I would not be able to finish all six hundred of my allotment during the entire 2016 NCAA football season!

As one prepares to take a mouthwatering, tongue-searing, tear-jerking bite of a hot wing (or ATOMIC if you are brave enough) one might believe that said chicken wing is near weightless; however, when chicken wings come in bulk of 1.3 billion pieces, the weight can be calculated.  It turns out that the weight of all those chicken wings comes out to roughly 6,000 times the combined weight of the respective Super Bowl teams.  In pounds, the weight of this feast will be approximately 160 MILLION!  This is THOUSANDS of truckloads of chicken wings - enough chicken wings to stretch from Denver to Charlotte about fifty-three times!

I know that you, dear reader, must be amazed, astounded, and overwhelmed by the above chicken wing facts, but there is actually a point to all this...er...fowlness.  You see, if we look at the pregame sales of chicken wings in Denver and Charlotte, we are able to predict the most likely winner of Super Bowl 50.  It seems that in four of the last five Super Bowl games, the team whose home city consumed the most chicken wings (according to pre-game sales) won the game.  That's right, so place your bets, my friends, then on the day of the Super Bowl just monitor the National Chicken Council's sales figures for the two cities.  Be sure to give your bookie a call right before kick off.  If you become a millionaire you will have me to thank.  Thanking me with cash is just fine!

So, wings UP, America...

And may God Bless the USA



source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/super-bowl-chicken-wings_us_56af7f1ce4b0010e80eac7d1?ir=Weird+News&section=us_weird-news&utm_hp_ref=weird-news

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...