Saturday, January 30, 2016

International Eat Ice Cream For Breakfast Day

With all the turmoil and strife going on across the nation and abroad, I was looking for something a little more tasteful to write about this weekend...and I FOUND IT!

Did you know that the FIRST Saturday of February is "International Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day"?  I personally did not, but I hope some of you have been celebrating it since the original big day sometime back in the 60's.  It seems this holiday (though not nationally recognized) was invented by a mother in Rochester, New York as a means of diversion on a snowy weekend when the kids could spend little if any time outside.

Now from I know about kids, it actually seems a little counter-productive, as the ice cream would seem more likely to rev up a kid than to calm him down on a snowed-in day.  But apparently the idea worked.  The kids had an ice cream breakfast and seemed to enjoy it.  I have to think that the scandalous idea of eating ice cream instead of eggs for breakfast is what really appealed to the children.  Come to think of it, that scandalous idea appeals to me, too!

So, on the first Saturday in February, you know what I will be having for breakfast - ice cream!  And not just any old ice cream.  It will be Blue Bell's Dutch Chocolate ice cream!  By the way, the first Saturday in February falls on the 6th of the month.  If any of you decide to join me for an ice cream breakfast on February 6th, shoot me a comment and let me know.

God Bless America...and thank God for ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...