Friday, September 11, 2015

Just A Pause To Remember Our Lost Neighbors

I found myself, at different times today, thinking about that terrible day fourteen years ago.  Outside my office the flags flew at half-mast.  In the beautiful partly cloudy sky I saw a lone airliner flying away toward the west, and I remembered the one day in US history since the Wright Brothers' flight, that no airplanes were visible in our skies.  I remember watching the horrible scene as reporters covered the ongoing rescue of people in the World Trade Center.  Then we watched in shock and awe as these buildings came down, killing almost every person still inside - rescuers and victims alike.  America as a nation closed rank and joined hands in doing anything we could to help; some actually went to the scene, while others donated materials and money to the rescue attempt.

Now. a decade and a half later, there are many questions about the 9-11-01 attack that remain unanswered.  I will not venture there, but simply honor those killed in this murderous attack, and say a prayer for those who have survived the loss of their loved ones for so long.  Others will write much more eloquently about this terrible tragedy than I can, and I hope they do.  I will just say thank you for the lives of those who lived until they were taken in the attacks.  I will pray for the continuing comfort of those who live on.  I am so proud of those Americans who put their differences aside and joined together in throes of tragedy, and who stood together when when the darkness so completely veiled the light of day.

God bless America

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...