Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another New Year

Happy New Year to all my friends!  This is the fifty-second new year I have had the pleasure of witnessing, and as an elderly friend of mine said, the alternative to seeing the new year come in is not pleasant.  I did not celebrate the arrival of New Year's Day in a big way because I was at work at the moment the ball fell.  My celebration was limited to high fives with a few coworkers.  But I could see the national celebration on the television located across the way from my office, so I vicariously celebrated that way.

With the new year comes those darned resolutions.  Did you make any?  Have you already broken them, or some of them, before the new year is even one day old?  I have to admit my first resolution  was broken by 7:30 AM central time.  All it took was the stumping of the big toe on the corner of the kitchen island and that resolution was history!  Well, if that is the only profanity I utter this new year, than actually I will still consider that resolution a success!  My second resolution is still intact.  resolved to exercise everyday, and since the day is still young, I still have a chance to keep that one.  That brings third one: Less procrastination. 

Because I had to work through the breaking of the new year, I did not invest in fireworks this year, even though the County lifted the fireworks ban; however, from the sound of World War III that persisted through the wee hours I am sure that the few dollars I did not spend will not be missed by the local fireworks industry.  Some of the fireworks were very powerful.  My lovely bride was asleep in her easy chair when a particularly loud "report" rattled all the windows and did a fine imitation of a tank battery blowing up.  Sweetie sat bolt upright!  But, alas, she fell back to sleep immediately.  I was bothered by the raging fireworks storm, but only for a little while.  I finally decided to seal my ears with some Ear Buds and New Age music.  That did the trick.  I was out like a light until my lovely bride decided it was time to once again rise and shine at about 7.  Shortly after that I stumped my toe on the afore mentioned kitchen island.  Ouch! A choice word uttered.  Happy new year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...