Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Outlaw Guns Now...Oh, But Protect The Obama Children WITH Guns

Since the Sandy Hook murders, I have heard all kinds of rhetoric, both pro and con, regarding "gun control." There was a lot of truth on both sides, AND a lot of emotional raving on both sides.  I must say that one bit of wisdom that came out of all the debate really struck home with me.  That is the TRUTH that President Obama, and just as well, his children, are protected by an army of people that carry...what, Mace?  No! They always have and always will carry guns.  All of the President's Secret Service agents carry guns, and a few of them keep fully automatic machine guns on hand.  And the hypocrisy of it all struck me like a ton of bricks. 

The President, as well as many politicians, want US, you and me, to give up our protection, that is, our right to bear arms, BUT...the President would never dream of letting the Secret Service protect his children WITHOUT GUNS.  He would never dream of allowing Ms. Obama to walk the streets of this nation without her own entourage of armed agents.  And again, the agents are armed with GUNS.  Yet, as I said, you and I are being asked (for the moment, maybe forced later) to give up our guns, and more importantly our INALIENABLE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, a right our Forefathers specifically stated should "not be infringed."  Mr. Obama, you disarm your Secret Service agents if you want...I mean if you truly believe that you would be safer in a land of gun control.  I, however, will as always stand with the Constitution and with my right to bear arms, which shall not be infringed.  And really, would you, Mr. Obama, actually disarm you protection? To quote you, sir, "Let me be perfectly clear about this..." no, of course you would not disarm your protection squad.  How dare you call on anyone else to forgo this same protection!

Yes, my friends, the President would never dream of NOT being protected by a bunch of armed officers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. And the hysterical screams of a thousand other gun "controllers" voice a thousand other reasons for gun control.  The Sandy Hook murders were so tragic and so horrifying.  Indeed, this particular incident was enough to sway some people to cede their right to bear arms (self-protection) to "the Government."  I too was appalled by the Sandy Hook murders, but I did some research of my own in light of this latest tragedy.  What I found was that over two million people die in the United States each year, of ALL CAUSES, including murder.  Of those two million deaths, thirty thousand people were killed by guns, of all causes including suicide and accidental shootings.   Of those thirty thousand deaths, some twelve thousand were murders.  That number is very high, yet is only .44 of one percent of all the deaths in the United States.  I also found that at LEAST one hundred thousand people died in US hospitals because of MEDICAL ERRORS.  This means that you are more than twice as likely to die of medical malpractice as murder by gun.  This does not justify the use of guns to commit murders, and I know these numbers do not comfort the loved ones of those murdered by guns.  What these numbers DO is put a little order in the chaos of gun control hysteria.

If I wanted to really help people be safer, I would start a petition to ban all doctors in the United States.  I would further lead the drive to get all automobiles banned from the highways, as auto accident fatalities cause more deaths than guns, and have done so for the past seventy five years or so.  I would also lead a movement to ban prescription drugs and fatty foods, as these continue to kill more people each year than do guns.  What I am saying is that gun violence is more prevalent than it once was, but so are many other ways to die. The Centers for Disease Control are trying to classify gun violence as a health issue.  Such a classification would allow the federal government to bring to bear many different means of controlling guns, which ultimately means taking guns away from those who want to exercise their Second Amendment rights.  At this moment, the majority of our national leaders are still supportive of the Second Amendment.  I also found that some supporters of gun control in the US Congress are not so anti-guns that they have not sought their own gun permits.  Interesting, yes?

But back to my original point.  President Obama, as he has many times over the past four years, continues to ask (and to try to FORCE) the American people to do something, to give up a right, which he is not willing to do himself.  Obama is the equal of most senators and congressmen in this regard.  He wants the American people to make do with less, in this case, protection, than he himself is willing to use.  I realize that not everyone wants to own a gun, and certainly not everyone SHOULD own a gun.  But no one, and I mean NO ONE, Mr. Obama, has the right to tell me, an (undisputed) American citizen, that I cannot own a gun.  And you, of all people, Mr. President, have no right to ask anyone to deny himself the means to protect his loved ones when you yourself are in no way willing to deny that means to yourself.

God Bless America and the Constitution of the United States.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...