Thursday, February 22, 2018

Vacation Day 7: Life Almost Non-Existent

Although today was Thirsty Thursday at a couple of local restaurants, and was National Margarita Day across most of the known world, at my residence it was very difficult to discern whether or not life was in existence at all.  My lovely bride and I ran a couple of errands early in the day, but for the most part we were simply extensions of the living room furniture.  The weather was fairly bad during the morning, with the some roads and bridges being covered with a very thin layer of ice.  The ice was not so thin that it did not contribute to so many accidents that police begged for people to stay home.  So we opted out of the trip to Odessa to get Baby Baby, much as we would liked to have had her.

My lovely bride and I spent the remainder of the day occupying the living room furniture and watching either the Olympics or "In the Heat of the Night," depending on whether or not "curling" was on the sports line-up.  I am a big fan of Carroll O'Connor's version of Chief Bill Gillespie, the police chief in Sparta, Mississippi, as well as of that show in general.  While all this was "happening," the day just somehow slipped away.

Child A arrived home from work later in the evening, and I am sure he was almost unable to detect life in our home for the first few minutes.  If my lovely bride had not been engaged in her Mine Craft game, Child A would probably not have noticed us at all.  Incidentally, Child A loves to startle my lovely bride by making "zombie noises" at the most inopportune time.  When this occurs, the apparent "lump" in the lounger suddenly screams, jumps a couple of feet off the floor, then yells death threats at Child A's retreating backside.  Meanwhile, the supposed lump in the other lounger is suddenly revealed as alive, as he laughs his head off at his lovely bride, who then issues death threats in her loving spouse's direction.  But after a few minutes, calm descends on the living room, Child A slips silently away to his room, and life becomes, once again, almost non-existent.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has stayed with me for the past few days as I have chronicled what, for many people, must seem like the most boring vacation on the planet.  I must say, however, that it has been one of the most stress-eliminating vacations I have ever had.  Sadly, tomorrow my lovely bride must return to work, and our vacation is officially over.

Goodnight, and may God bless you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...