Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Mundane Sunday, A Winter Thunderstorm, Family, and A Semi-Pleasant $%#-Mart Experience

A winter thunderstorm, but we ventured out into it anyway because we had to deliver a care package to Child B. After surviving a horrendous weather blitz on Hwy 191 we made it to Child B's residence. In the meantime Child B, believing we had been waylaid somewhere by the storm, was calling all our cell phones in a panic. I tried to answer her but hit the hang up button instead. My lovely bride did not hear her phone so she did not answer, nor did she reply to any of the "text" messages. Finally Child B got in touch with Child A. Child A told her we should have been to her house by then, so he did not calm Child B's nerves at all. Finally, after much delay, we arrived at Child B's home. Child B, in an ironic reversal of roles, began chiding her PARENTS for not letting her know we were safe, not calling her when we got to town, etc. It was cute. Plus, it made me think that maybe, just maybe, Child A and/or Child B will care for their aged parents some day. At least they may visit us when we are finally confined to one of those "assisted living centers." When I went to Child B's front door, she was standing there waiting for the delivery, and YES!!, there was Baby Baby coming to meet me. Of course her first words were "Honey! Honey!" which is what she calls my lovely bride, her grandmother. Not seeing Honey, Baby Baby then acknowledged me (Poppee) and wanted me to hold her. I picked her up then gave Child B the precious item I was delivering. Baby Baby was fascinated by the rain (she has not seen very much rain in her few months in this world)and was saying "Water! Water!" Then she saw Honey in the pickup. It was over then! She saw Honey and immediately turned to her mother, Child B, and said, "Bye! Bye!" I put her down on the floor and she started wailing! I told her, "Baby Baby! I am so sorry but you can't go with us!." But I had to pick her up, her little face was so said. Instantly she was happy, telling her mother "Bye, Bye!" I put her down again. Baby Baby started crying again. I looked out at the pickup. Honey was crying too! And water was falling out of the sky. Things were sad all over. So I told Child B goodbye and apologized profusely to Baby Baby that I could not take her with me. She set up a wail that was probably heard for blocks around. Gadzooks! So my lovely bride and I drove back to Midland for a pleasant lunch at CiCi's, followed by a semi-pleasant experience shopping at $%#-Mart. But a funny thing happened on the way to the grocery section. Did I mention it was raining? My lovely bride requested that I let her out at the door, then go park the truck, then FIND her in the grocery section. Why not just wait for me at the door? I don't know why...I just knew that was not going to happen. So I parked the truck and hurried back into $%#-Mart. Now for the debate: Do I actually look in the grocery area FIRST, or do I check Women's Wear or the Baby Department? I took a really BIG CHANCE and went to the grocery section first. As I arrived in the main aisle of the grocery section, here is where the "something funny" happened. I saw three other men, whom I assumed to be husbands, also looking for their wives. How do I know, you ask? Well, funny that you should. All of these men were walking rather slowly and peering down each aisle in the same manner in which I was walking slowly and peering down each aisle. We were all HOPING that we would see our respective brides before they left the grocery section and went to divers places such as Women's Wear or the Baby Department. I was the lucky winner today. I actually found my lovely bride on the first trip through the grocery aisle! That event and the short grocery list combined to make this a fairly semi-pleasant experience at $%#-Mart. So this was a very mundane Sunday, except for the winter thunderstorm, the very short visit with Child B and Baby Baby, and the semi-pleasant experience shopping at $%#-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...