Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Pneutralized By Pneumonia

Starting a few days ago (after a spring dust storm, to be precise) I noticed that by the time I got home from work and took my shoes off, I was literally too tired to blog, although there were so many things to blog about, as always.  But I just could not concentrate long enough.  About day three I decided I had a sinus infection, which I normally get after said spring dust storms, so I thought a little rest and a little self-medication would fix me right up.  Day four, Sunday at work, a strong tendency to cough set in.  Luckily I was on a solo assignment, at least until shift change, so there was little danger of "contaging" anyone, just in case it was not a sinus infection.

Monday, a day off, and I spent the time resting and self-medicating.  Tuesday, my next day off, and I had plans, but I woke up feeling near death and also feeling and hearing a suspicious crackling noise when I exhaled.  So I told my lovely bride I needed to spend another day resting and self-medicating.  My lovely bride, ever so sympathetic, replied, "Oh, just go see the doctor! You KNOW you're too sick to go to work tomorrow!"  Like I said, sympathetic as always.  But she had a point.  I was definitely heading "south" by the hour.  So I called the "provider" and was able to be seen as a "walk-in" if I could get there by 11:15 AM.  Of course it was 10:45 when I called.  So I raced to the doctor's officer, getting there by 11:10!  I was early.  Of course I was not "worked in" until nearly 12:00 PM.  But the wait was worth it.  A breathing treatment, steroids, shots on BOTH cheeks, three pages of prescriptions, and I was on the way home, via the drug store.

So today, I am feeling human again.  By the way, when I said that I felt like death, I was serious.  The nurse started telling me what all drugs she would be giving, and I cut her off.  "Could please just shoot me with a lethal injection?  It would be cheaper, faster, and I would feel better."  She sort of smile/snarled and said, "Do you want me to commit you NOW?!  So I cut with the semi-jokes.  As I said, I feel much better today, although still awfully tired, but I have earned a five day vacation.  There is an upside!

So I am back at the keyboard again, and on steroids and other drugs.  I may have a few more spealling, or, grammatical errors, so just ttry to overlook those.  To any of you who may be sick or feeling bad (read "sick but resting and self-medicating) I wish you the best...and I know just how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...