Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Strange Synchronicity, or, "Beer And Chips, Anyone?"

Of late I have been paying more attention to synchronistic happenings (coincidences, in "old speak") and how often these events occur in my life.  I am not sure why, just because it seems fun, I guess.  There are some writers who have made a good living writing about synchronicity and how it can guide one's life.  For me, unfortunately, I seem to notice the synchronicities only AFTER the fact, so I am not reaping all that much benefit from my knowledge of synchronicity.  Just this evening, however, I did have an interesting and entertaining bit of synchronism.

I sometimes do a little research on the Internet and in print media to find interesting, obscure things on which to base a blog, particularly when I am fed up with politics and current events here in the good ol' U.S. of A.  So this evening as I was looking for something to write about in lieu of our President or the ongoing presidential campaign and its participants, I came across an interesting and rather tasty bit of news.  It seems that early this morning near Melbourne, Florida two tractor-trailer rigs collided on Interstate 95, closing the Interstate for several hours and upsetting many Florida commuters...at least for a little while.

The two trucks in question were carrying complementary cargos, and fortunately, neither driver was seriously injured.  A big rig loaded with Busch Beer was proceeding down I-95 and the driver attempted to change lanes due to slow traffic ahead.  As the truck moved toward the left lane, the driver realized that there was a vehicle to his left so he swerved quickly back to the right.  Unfortunately he lost control of the vehicle and drove onto the right shoulder, crashing into - wait for it!- a Frito Lay truck full of Corn Chips.  CRASH!!  And it was beer and chips for everyone!  Of course with both trucks damaged and the beer truck laying across the road, traffic came to a standstill.  According to the news article, several people made the best of a bad situation by enjoying the beer and chips while waiting for workers to clean up the mess.

That was an interesting bit of news, but here is where synchronicity came into play.  Since this news story was so humorous, I did not search for more news, but instead did some research concerning holidays or observance days for March 23.  Guess what!  It turns out that today is National Chip and Dip Day in the United States.  How synchronistic is that?!  And if one indulges in chips and dip, it follows (for many people anyway) that one would chase the chips and dip with beer.  Busch beer would be as good as any, as far as I am concerned.  Anyway, the only thing that would have been more synchronistic would have been if a load of Bean Dip and Pace Picante Sauce had rear-ended the Busch Beer truck during the crash.

So today is National Chip and Dip Day, and a synchronistic day as well.  I am happy that no one was injured in the truck accident that brought the chips and beer together on this very special day.  And it occurs to me that there is a reason Chips and Dip are only celebrated on one day.  If it was National Chip and Dip WEEK, instead of DAY, many of us would put on another couple of pesky pounds just in time for bikini season!

Thank you, and may God Bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...