Saturday, July 18, 2015

Las Vegas: Daze Two And Three

After the bus ride of Tuesday, I was fairly certain that Wednesday and Thursday could not match that adventure.  But really, it was not Wednesday's and Thursday's fault.  On Wednesday I decided to simply stay around the hotel and "veg" while my lovely bride was in her seminars.  Vegging is hard work, and before I knew it I had vegged right into lunchtime.  I was supposed to have lunch ready for my lovely bride, so I raced out of the hotel, finally escaped the Twilight Zone (see Day One Half) and made it to the Strip.  I then began walking in search of a Chipotle's I had seen the day before while on the (infamous) bus ride.  I walked several blocks from the Mirage and began to believe that the Chipotle's I had seen was also a mirage!  So I did what few male humans are brave enough to do.  No...don't be silly...I DID NOT ASK FOR DIRECTIONS!  Even I would not do THAT!  What I did was cross the street (at great risk to myself) and then I backtracked in the opposite direction.

Several blocks later I found the Chipotle's!  And even better, there was still time to order food and get back to the hotel room, arrange the food, and sit down at the table as if I had been waiting for my lovely bride for at least half an hour.  All I had to do was walk out of Chipotle's and find the Mirage.  So, gathering my food and drinks, I stepped out the door and looked to my right.  Uh...no Mirage!  That was okay because I could still look to my left.  So I did.  No MIRAGE!!  I was just about to do the unthinkable, that is, ask for directions, when I looked (for lack of any better plan) STRAIGHT ACROSS THE STREET, and there right in front of my eyes, was the Mirage!  All I had to do was cross the street!  So I went the ped crossing, pushed the "walk" button, and waited...and waited...and waited...and waited...Gazooks, was this light EVER going to change?! 

Three light-cycles later I realized it was NOT going to change.  The crowd on both sides of the road had built to over 15000 or so by now.  And I had only about ten minutes to get to my room, arrange dinner, and pretend I had been waiting all this time.  So, watching the FOURTH light cycle, I realized that when certain red lights came on, it was safe to cross the street whether or not the "walk" sign came on.  So when the cars stopped I STARTED walking.  Fifteen thousand other people saw me take that first step and the result was amazing.  Almost in unison, the fifteen thousand all took their first step in time with my second step.  And I raced through the Mirage lobby, up the elevator, and to our room.  I got all the food arranged, the drinks set up, and took my chair.  I had just managed to get a bored look on my face when the door opened, and there was Sweetie.  She was so happy to see that lunch was waiting!  I said, "Of COURSE I had lunch ready!"  (wink wink)

After lunch I did more vegging, then we were off to Bubba Gump's.  We ordered seafood and drinks.  I had some kind of weird drink whose name I can't recall.  I selected this one because I usually drink margaritas when I drink (at restaurants).  It had a strange flavor that was OK but I decided it would not be my favorite.  But this weird drink had a somewhat unexpected (er...STRONGER than expected) effect on me (thus this post's title) and started the dining room slowly rotating, which I did not know Bubba Gump's did.  But it was not an unpleasing sensation.  My lovely bride had sampled another weird drink.  Her drink tasted much different than mine but had a similar effect on her.  Suffice to say that by the time we had woven...er, walked to our room, we were in somewhat of a daze.  Where did the night go?  For that matter, where did my cell phone go?  Oh, there it is on the floor....

Next morning my lovely bride was gone before I fully regained consciousness.  This was an indication to me that I needed to "veg" again.  Next thing I knew, the phone was ringing.  My lovely bride wanted me to have lunch ready again.  It was a repeat of yesterday, except that I had plenty of time.  Next thing I knew the phone message signal beeped again and I realized I had dazed...er, dozed off again!  Like I said, vegging is hard work.  I raced to Chipotle's (which I very astutely remembered was straight across the street) and ordered the same meal we had the day before, which was so tasty we wanted it again.  I then raced back to the hotel and nearly ran right over my lovely bride, who was making her way to the elevator.  What timing!  So we had our lunch, then she went back to her seminars, and I went back to...vegging.  What a rough day!

A couple of hours later we met my cousin at the front door.  He took us to a Mexican food restaurant that had tasty food.  I think it did.  They said it did.  It was just that by the time we decided to order food, after a couple of hours of imbibing margaritas, my taste buds were...er, vegging.  So I took their word for it that the food was excellent.  It turns out that this particular restaurant uses the slogan, "Save our water, Drink more Margaritas."  So we finished dinner, and this also finished our second and third daze in Las Vegas.  It was straight home and to the rack.  We had a lot of driving waiting for us Friday morning.

Viva Las Vegas!  (SHUT UP...My head HURTS!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...