Monday, May 18, 2015

There Are Important Things To Blog About, and There Are IMPORTANT THINGS To Blog About

I believe that there are many important issues, many important current events to write about, oh, so many urgent matters that could be set to print here.  And I am serious when I say important things; but, there are IMPORTANT THINGS that need to be written about as well, and I am taking time to do that tonight.  I hope you will continue reading even though what I am writing about is not really an international crisis, a national issue, certainly not as urgent as the shootings at Waco and the possible retaliation that looms in the shadows.  But this is an IMPORTANT THING!

I am so proud to be a grandfather!!  I have heard people say how happy they were to be grandparents, or, on the other hand, how they LONGED for grandchildren.  I have to say that honestly I did not understand that longing or that happiness until Leah Marie came into our lives.  Here I would like to pause to say how I admire and am amazed by the strength and courage that my daughter showed throughout the ordeal of giving birth to this precious child.  I will never forget it as long as I live.  But that is another story.  The IMPORTANT THING is that Leah was born healthy, and that Child B is now healthy, in fact she recovered quickly.  But even with all that pain, and the pain I felt for my daughter, how great and wonderful it was to hold that little newborn in my hands.  How great it was to share in the tears of happiness and in the laughter, and the celebration, of the new child!

That very afternoon, after the new family was back home, we (grandmother and I) went to visit, to help with this great adjustment.  Once again, how precious it was to hold this little child, to see that my child had a child of her own, to see that my new son had helped bring his daughter into the world.  Both of them are so new as parents, prepared materially, but so scared, so worried.  Just like most new parents.  So much advice from medical professionals and from relatives, but still the daunting knowledge that they were now raising a child, a little person, who will one day be a big person, who will one day have a child of her own.

Time is almost like the above paragraph.  I mean, it seems like time has passed so quickly from the day my wife and I married, then had a child, lost another child, then had our daughter, Child B.  It seems like all the years are summed up in just four words...it was only yesterday.  I know Honey and I have been married 31 years, but it seems like it was only yesterday that we ran out of that church.  Just a day or two ago we celebrated Child A's birth.  Just a sad yesterday, so sad, when we said our goodbyes to little Bryan, only with just one day to have him, and it seems like it was only yesterday.  Child B was born the next year, and it was only yesterday that our little kids were in school.  Now they are both adults leading their own lives.  How did it all go so fast?  Where are all the years in between?

There are so many important things happening now, but the IMPORTANT THING is to help our daughter and our son to raise their child.  They will get the hang of parenting soon, just like Honey and I did.  And they will be wonderful parents.  But I know they will have many questions for us.  Hopefully we will have many answers.  Child B and Son C are so worried about the health and safety of their child...that is how Honey and I know they will be, and are, great parents.  Their lives have changed, suddenly more complicated, because now there are three of them.  But what a great and wonderful, an awesome change it is.  And how happy are Honey and Popz to be the proud grandparents of this new little bundle.  She looked right into my eyes the other day, and I saw right into Heaven, right into an angel's face.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will blog about issues that might pertain to more people and to more pressing and urgent things, but tonight I am content to mull over the IMPORTANT THINGS, the two who brought this new one into the world, the other relatives that are new to us through the marriage of these children, and the vision we have of the excitement and challenges facing these new parents.  Tomorrow...yes, but tonight all of that pales in comparison to the happiness and the love we feel for these two children and their new child, our Leah Marie.

Oh yeah, tonight Child A went to see his niece for the first time.  I have not talked to him yet, but I bet he is already wrapped around her little finger.  I know Popz is.  And how lucky I am to have Child B who has me wrapped around her little finger, and her child, who has me wrapped around the other little finger.  Family...that is the IMPORTANT THING.

Thank you, Good Shepherd, for the little angel in our lives, and for her parents.  Please watch over them all and lead them in your way, on your straight and green path.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...