Wednesday, April 22, 2015

JADE HELM and Big Spring, TX

Many of us know by now that the United States military (which has no business conducting training in American cities on unsuspecting citizens) as well as various federal agencies (which have no business conducting joint operations with the United States Military) are conducting the largest military exercise in American history within the borders of the United States.  The powers that be have labelled this military test JADE HELM.  I have to confess, in my ignorance, that I first thought Jade Helm was perhaps a person with some kind of military history, or perhaps a female spy...I don't know...but now I have learned the truth.  JADE HELM is an acronym (I should have known, after all our military and federal agencies can't even write an office memo without some acronym - SNAFU comes to mind, but I digress) that stands for Joint-Assisted Deployment and Execution.  This is born out by numerous sources in both the regular news media and by sources on the Internet.  So easily are these sources located that I will not place any here.   The meaning of HELM has, so far, been less easily discernible, but I have run across several sources that mention a certain acronym. 

I hope someone with better info than me can enlighten me as time goes on, but for now the best information I can find indicates that the HELM in JADE HELM is the acronym formed from the words Homeland (referring to Homeland Security) Eradication of Local Militias.  This is, I hope, my error.  Many people may not realize this, but local militias were the backbone of the nation at one time in our history.  Does our government really want to wipe out local militias?  That means the government. OUR GOVERNMENT, wants to wipe out you and me. So, like I said, I hope someone can correct me in my error. 

JADE HELM, whatever the true meaning of these letters, is a large military operation, taking place in at least seven states (that is what we are TOLD - I suppose we don't really KNOW how many states are really involved - and how many troops, for that matter).  Just down I-20 from Midland, is the city of Big Spring.  By the way, many people misspell it with the word Springs...but in this case Spring is singular.  At one point in time, the Big Spring was the only reliable source of water between the Pecos and the Colorado Rivers.  Be that as it may, for some reason Big Spring, and the surrounding areas of Howard County, were selected as settings for the West Texas portion of JADE HELM.  And the "leaders" of Big Spring and Howard County welcomed JADE HELM with open arms because of the "big money" this exercise will bring to the area.  Apparently just over $150,000 is enough to make the leaders expose the rest of their fellow citizens to this military fiasco.

But, is JADE HELM simply an overgrown military exercise that puts people at risk merely by its execution?  This is the $64,000 question, I mean the $150,000 question.  All over the Internet are stories and reports concerning JADE HELM, some touting its military value as a test (AND ONLY A TEST) while others imply or state outright that JADE HELM is the cover story for what will become the biggest military coup in history.  But before examining any of the "conspiratorial" implications, I would like to talk about some very real problems and dangers that should be recognized with the execution of JADE HELM.

First, the military authorities assert that there is no risk to local citizenry who may become inadvertently involved in JADE HELM.  The military planners tell us that soldiers participating in this exercise will, as part of their training, attempt to blend in with "the locals" while completing their assignments without being detected by citizens, the police, or "the enemy."  One "for instance" is that units may need to "escape" after accomplishing some planned objective, such as kidnapping a local dignitary.  To affect the escape, or to gain food and supplies, soldiers operating as "spies" might need to commit "minor" criminal offenses.  The listed examples include trespassing, stealing cars, or even breaking into unoccupied (hopefully!) homes to get food or medical supplies...or to find weapons held by "hostiles."  All of these examples were cited in MILITARY reports and interviews, not by the usual "paranoid conspiracy" types.

But here is something to think about.  If you live in Big Spring, Howard County, or any of the other cities and states involved in JADE HELM, and you happen to see someone break into your home or your neighbor's home, WHAT will happen to you if you take action?  For instance, what if a person retrieves a weapon to confront and hold a "suspect" or even a group of suspects?  Remember, these soldiers are charged with accomplishing their mission UNDETECTED.  At the very least, the soldiers will want to salvage their mission, and their pride, by overcoming the person detaining them.  Remember, these soldiers must remain unidentified as participants in JADE HELM.  What if the citizen opens fire on well-meaning soldiers attempting to carryout their orders?  What if the citizen is seriously injured by the soldiers as they subdue a "hostile?"  What if police confront these soldiers and open fire?  What if people are caught in the middle of a situation like this?

Never mind all the conspiracy mongers, paranoids, right-wingers, and whomever else might be named in this context, the dangers inherent in a straight-forward military operation carried out on an unsuspecting civilian population are too dangerous to contemplate.  The military has plenty of federally-owned army bases around the country to complete a test of this nature.  Our military has no business conducting an exercise in civilian territory, and our "leaders" have no business exposing us to the inherent dangers of such an exercise.  Our "maverick" Texas governor has been EXTRAORDINARILY quiet about this operation.  Would his protest of JADE HELM amount to his forfeiture of the upcoming presidential election?  Our United States and Texas political leaders are quiet.  Why?  They should be looking out for us, the voters, the citizens. 

Big Spring, Texas will soon be "invaded" by a large "conventional" military force as well as by many elements of unconventional military as well.  AND the military will be aided by federal agencies that have no business conducting a joint operation with the military.  Not only will the citizens of Big Spring and Howard County be affected by JADE HELM, but so, potentially, could people just "passing through" on Interstate 20, Highway 87, Highway 176, and so on.  People from all over Texas and the surrounding states could inadvertently become involved in JADE HELM.  What about these people?  What about the dangers posed to them?

Tonight I have only scratched the surface of JADE HELM and how it could affect the people of West Texas, as well as the people in the other states "participating" in this exercise.  I don't know if it is too late to stop this exercise, but I will be contacting my politicos in the next few days.  I hope many of you will do the same.  My intention is to demand that this exercise be moved back to military bases and not carried out in our cities, towns, and country-sides.  I do not expect to gain any satisfaction from my efforts other than to satisfy myself that I participated in the effort to stop JADE HELM.  But I do want to be able to say I TRIED!

My next post will cover some more potentially harmful issues arising from JADE HELM.  I am not adopting a position of helplessness and hopelessness; I am merely trying to do my part to support both our military and our way of life, our right to be free of fear of our government's stupidity that could lead to harm to our soldiers and citizens for no valid reason.  To me, the idea of the military conducting such an exercise on an unsuspecting and unprotected population is outrageous.  As a taxpayer I do not want to fund such a dangerous exercise.  And I also am not totally alien to the idea that there may be more sinister aspects to JADE HELM.  But that is for another post.  I urge you to make noise with your political leaders and demand that JADE HELM and any other such operations be halted, or erased from the planning stages, and never again perpetrated on American citizens.

God Bless America

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...