Friday, August 1, 2014

Blogging In Lieu Of Productive (And Necessary) Work

One of the hazards of being a blogger (probably writers of any medium, as well) is the deeply rooted desire, nay, the NEED to write.  This need is deeply ingrained, almost an addiction.  It gets in the way of doing necessary things, such as breathing, or taking out the trash when Honey thinks the bin is too full.  By the way, Honey does not understand that a trip to the dumpster can be delayed at least twelve hours by simply smooshing down the trash in the can.  I wonder if many females share this deficiency, but...I digress.

I wonder if I mistitled today's edition...because blogging IS the Productive and Necessary Work! All the other things are annoyances.  Now I realize there are necessary tasks that have to be accomplished but this causes such a disruption with the creative flow.  For instance, I am eager to put these few words on my page, but there are so many things yapping for attention in the back of my mind that I almost (ALMOST) feel guilty for taking this little time out.  There are lots of errands to run today, and plans to make...but, I have not done my blog yet.

Life has a way of interfering with blogging, too.  Sometimes the interferences are not unpleasant, though.  For instance, the little grand nephew son has been visiting for two weeks now.  I have found that his days are packed, which has left me a little less opportunity for blogging.  But there is no shortage of blogging material with him around!  For instance, there is the mystery of the disappearing bottle caps.  The kind kids (and Honey) likes to eat, not the kind that actually cap bottles.  Honey keeps a stash of bottle caps secreted near her recliner; Colton discovered said candy cache.  At least that is what we surmise.  The number of bottle caps in the bottle has declined disproportionately to the amount that Honey actually consumes.  This phenomenon commenced approximately twenty-four hours after our young charge arrived.  Cole, however, knows nothing about this situation.

Today, I have a lot of things I need to do in preparation for leaving town tomorrow. We are taking the vacation that we had planned last month, but which turned into the surprise event, the marriage of our daughter and new son.  Child B and Sifu are now embarked on their new life together, and I was so glad that Honey and I had that time off (totally coincidental) that allowed us to make the trip to Las Vegas to be a part of the blessed event.  And we had some adventures along the way.  Hopefully this vacation will be a little more relaxing.  But there will be adventures along the way, even if they are somewhat less intense that witnessing a major accident on the way to our daughter's Las Vegas wedding. 

Having gotten the blog bug out for the day, Colton and I are about to leave the house and head out on the various errands waiting completion.  Colton was not ready to leave earlier, as he had not finished his Lucky Charms (his breakfast of choice).  The very act of taking Cole shopping and on other missions is an adventure in itself.  Cole is capable of making an adventure out of pulling a bag of flour off the grocery shelf.  Such a seemingly straightforward activity can either take just seconds, or up to fifteen minutes, depending on whether or not the flour is bagged securely!  It is such adventures that tug at me all the time, the things that make me want to blog in lieu of productive activity.

Have a nice day, everyone.  Cole and I are headed to town.  Keep us in your prayers!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...