Saturday, May 31, 2014

Last Watch: Deputy Sheriff Sergeant Paul Buckles, Potter County Sheriff's Office - May 30, 2014

Sergeant Paul Buckles, a Sheriff's Deputy with the Potter County Sheriff's Office (Amarillo) was involved in a multiple-agency training exercise dealing with active shooter situations.  During the exercise Sergeant Buckles suffered a heart attack.  He was treated at the scene by officers and paramedics then transported to a nearby hospital.  Though a tremendous effort was made to save his life, Sergeant Buckles died a short time later.

Sergeant Buckles had served with the Potter County Sheriff's Office for over twenty-five years.  He was assigned to the Criminal Investigation Division at the time of his death.  I am proud to honor this veteran officer on the pages of Desert Hot Air, and I extend my deepest sympathy, along with that of other Texans, to the family, friends, and fellow peace officers in their loss.  I also extend my gratitude to Sergeant Buckles for his service to his community and the people of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...