Friday, April 27, 2012

Using The Ghost Radar App For IPhone

Having had several friends (okay - that's an exaggeration - only two) ask me about my adventures with my new Ghost Radar, I decided to post a little bit about what I have done and seen.  So here it is:

As part of my job, I spend the night wondering the halls of the local hospital.  This building is actually a conglomeration of three or four buildings of various ages, the oldest dating back to the forties.  I went into this little adventure with certain preconceptions, the first being that I myself was not off my rocker.  That being decided in the negative (by me!) my next preconception was that the older part of the hospital would be the "hot bed" of "ghost" activity.  Another thing I believed was that I would "feel" the ghostly presence whenever the Ghost Radar signalled there was a ghost nearby.  Finally, I figured I would be frightened if I actually encountered a real ghost.

So finally the big night! I went to work, got my equipment, and began my rounds through the hallowed halls of the hopefully haunted hospital.  Within a few minutes the Ghost Radar signalled the presence of a "ghost."  As I looked at the app's radar screen I saw that a small green dot (the ghost) was approaching the center point of the screen (my IPhone).  I hastily scanned the area but, alas, there was no shadowy form floating across the floor, no misty apparition...nothing.  Just me and my IPhone.  The green dot actually converged with my location dot, but I felt nothing.  Not even the hairs on my neck were standing.  No jokes about the ONE hair on my head standing, please.  I was somewhat disappointed at not seeing something when the alarm went off.

About an hour later I was up on the fourth floor, another place I thought to be a ghost hot spot.  I was right.  Not long after I stepped off the elevator, the Ghost Radar nearly blew up!  I was standing in the middle of a herd of disembodied souls, according to the app.  As many as ten green dots were circling my locator dot.  Some of the "ghosts" danced around while others crossed and crisscrossed my dot.  I have to say it was a little exciting, all this activity.  But I was again surprised that I did not feel some sort of sensation, no fear, not even a little skin crawling.  Curiously, some of the dots did not come toward me, but instead seemed to flee as fast as possible.

I have used the Ghost Radar on two occasions, with approximately the same results.  So, according to the Ghost Radar there is traceable evidence of ghosts or spirits or whatever residing in the local hospital.  As I wrote these words, my lovely bride assured me that the hospital is indeed haunted.  She related to me several experiences she had there, including charts suddenly flying across the counter, and IV poles moving across the floor of a patient's room.  She assures me that the hairs on her neck, and that of her colleague's, were indeed standing on end.  That is far better proof of haunting than any Ghost Radar can provide. 

NOTE: By way of disclaimer the author of this blog does not necessarily, but MIGHT, believe in ghosts and hauntings.  If you are the author's employer or potential future employer, you are notified that this blog is for entertainment purposes only.  It is neither intended as proof that there are ghosts in the local hospital, or that the author sees ghosts at work.  Nothing in this blog should cause the inference that the author is in any way unstable and not suitable for current or future employment.

Oops, the Ghost Radar has just gone off again!  It seems my couch is haunted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...