Friday, May 6, 2011

Nurses Discuss Important Topics At Work

I learned from my spouse that nurses discuss very important topics at work.  This fact was brought to my attention a couple of nights ago when I happened to mention to my spouse my observation that Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups are tastier than the original Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  She told, as she has so many times, "you are so LAST DECADE."  Of course I asked what she meant.  She explained to me that she and her fellow nurses had reached the same conclusion YEARS ago.

Apparently the nurses on this particular unit at this particular hospital (I will not disclose the names of the other people, the unit, or the hospital involved) conduct their work at what they affectionately call the "round table."  For years, even until the past week, I thought that nurses were either busy completing their notes and updating charts, asking nursely questions of their supervisors, and discussing the latest ideas of nursing "best practices."  I am so disillusioned.  I mean, you know, the Hypocritical oath...or something like that.  Anyway, how disheartening to learn that the topic of discussion at the hallowed "round table" may well have been about any subject one might think of, except nursing!

So, now I know that nurses agree with me.  Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups really do taste better than the larger "original" Reese's.  Now, when I was a cop, people often asked me what cops discussed whenever two police cars were parked side-by-side, driver's door to driver's door.  I answered them with, "Well, you know, police officers often discuss with each other the lastest "best practice" police methodology, new police department policy, pertinent Supreme Court and other court rulings, criminal cases in progress, etc..." 

Of course, really police officers are discussing things like "You know, those little miniature Reese's taste so much better than the original Reese's Peanut Butter Cups."  Like nurses, cops discuss important topics at work.  But, cops must be smarter than nurses, on the whole, because it only takes TWO cops to reach these important, life-changing conclusions.        

1 comment:

  1. How many cops does it take to change a light bulb.....???? The world may never know.

    AND the discussion regarding the mini Reese's pieces was important. It was the stuff of research study. To improve the profession. To extend the literature of propriatal knowledge.

    The Reese's mini cup is the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. Ask anyone.....

    Even the very intelligent, diligent and sidewalk parking police officers.

    ReplyDelete

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...