Sunday, April 3, 2011

One of the Best Armchair Bull Riders Ever!

As I sit here eagerly awaiting 7:00 P.M. (West Texas Time Zone) I finally realize that I have become (largely through osmosis) one of the foremost Armchair Bull Riders the world has ever (not) known.  Well, at least I am one of the best armchair bull riders in my residence.  I now know many of the bulls on a first name basis, while only remembering a few of the cowboys if I see their faces with their names plastered under the photograph.

My favorite bull at the moment is...oops, first let me say that my favorite bull of all time was, of course Bodacious, the big yellow bull that made mincemeat out of several riders.  You may recall that Bodacious nearly ended Tuff Hedeman's career several years ago.  To Tuff's credit, he got back on Bodacious one last time.  But, I digress...

My favorite bull at the moment is, of course, Bushwacker, the current bane of the cowboys on the 2011 PBR circuit.  As I watched previous PBR events, I made perfect armchair rides while every last one of those real bull riders went airborne or were tossed to the earth in an undignified heap.  Had I been on Bushwacker's back, I am sure I would have made the whistle and scored 92.  That is if Bushwacker could be ridden from the armchair.  But he is so exciting to watch.  He has extended his buck-off streak to 0 for 16 rides.  He is the top scoring bull as well, averaging 46 points per ride.

There are so many bulls that are a blast to watch and that challenge the bull riders with new tricks every time the chute opens.  I can't mention all of these bulls at the moment (I need a refill of a certain refreshment) but I would like to register my disappointment that Hawaiian Ivory, for all his tricks and cunning, is rated only 32 in the Top 100 PBR bull standings.  He is always a thrill to watch.

Well, I will get back to my armchair bull riding practice in anticipation of tonight's event.  Is tonight the night someone will stick on Bushwacker for eight?  I hope you will join me in watching the PBR tonight, but be prepared for silence on my end.  I will be too busy perfecting my 92 point armchair ride to make trivial conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...