Tuesday, November 25, 2014

End of Watch: Sergeant Alejandro "Alex" Martinez, Willacy County Sheriff's Office - Nov. 21, 2014

I am saddened but honored to lift up Deputy Sergeant Martinez on my blog.  Sergeant Martinez was killed in a one-vehicle accident while on patrol in Willacy County in South Texas.  I had delayed this post in hopes of learning more about how the accident happened; however, it appears that state troopers have still not determined exactly what caused the accident.

Sergeant Martinez was a long-time member of the South Texas law enforcement community, having served in the Weslaco Police Department, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, and as the chief of the Raymondville Police Department just prior to his service with the Willacy County Sheriff's Office.

I extend my sympathy to the peace officers that lost their fellow worker, and to the family and friends of this good man.

May you rest in peace, Sergeant Martinez. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...