Friday, December 14, 2012

God Holds Those Precious Children Tonight

Today it was a tragic thing at work to see the flags being lowered to half-staff, but the reason we were called on to lower the flags is even more tragic, and...OUTRAGING!  I do not know if that is a real word, but if it is not, is should be coined for today's latest killing of innocents by an inadequate coward who could only raise the courage to kill himself and end his apparently failed life by killing the precious, innocent children of strangers.  This tragedy is even more bewildering because this man killed his mother, the apparent focus of his anger, at her home.  He then went to the school where she taught kindergarten and killed all the children in the classroom.  He also shot several school officials before ending his pathetic life.  Some of you may want to tell me I should not be so judgmental of this guy.  I mean, after all, he MUST have suffered through some personal problems, perhaps YEARS of personal problems.  Perhaps he did not have the best parents in the world.  Maybe he was bullied during his school years.  Go on, name your own reason that this man was not responsible for the hell and the carnage that he wreaked today on so many innocent children and adults.  For me, I cannot hold anything in my heart for this pathetic individual except utter disdain and contempt...and ANGER.

I refuse to name this person in my blog today.  I do not have the names of the children, of course, and I do not know if I would name them either, out of respect for the parents and children who have lost sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, today.  I should say, who have had their children snatched from them by this contemptible man, just the same as if some child molester had stolen the children away at some playground or shopping mall.  But enough about this man.  I now join what I believe must be BILLIONS of people around the world today who are saddened for the suffering and loss of the people in Newtown, Connecticut, and who are frightened for the safety of their own children in the wake of this terrible event.  May God hold each of the grieving persons in his arms tonight; the same arms that now hold their little children.


       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...