Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11th

Today, as as we have for the past ten years, many of us all over the United States and around the world paused to remember that fateful and terrible day in 2001.  I am not among the number that lost friends and loved ones that day, but I hold out those people in my prayers and my thoughts.  I fall into the category that the vast majority of Americans do, that of saddened neighbor and fellow American, kin in spirit to those lost on that infamous day that started out so quiet and so beautiful.  I know in West Texas on that particular morning the skies were of the bluest blue.  I believe that beautiful blue came to represent the steadfast resolve that Americans came to feel in the face of the most tragic and infamous day since the Japanese military attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941.  Americans came together and united against a very elusive foe, while at the same time refusing to cower in some safe shelter.  No, instead Americans pursued the perpetrators, capturing some, killing others, and finally killing Osama, Son of Ladin, himself, the one believed to be the author of the 9/11 attacks.

Today, we pause once again to remember the fallen heroes and the fallen "ordinary" Americans who died both on the ground and in the various aircraft.  Of the people I talked with today, they to a person could remember exactly where they were and what they were doing as the news of the tragedy filtered its way across the nation.  Whether at work, driving down the highway, in school, or at home, that moment was burned indelibly into our lives.  The terror, the anxiety, all the questions, were brought to mind today.  The feelings, the memories, the anger, were all suddenly fresh, suddenly just as strong, just as real as on that day in 2001. This blog will be a short one...there is not much to say that has not be said and repeated by all the news services today.  I just wanted to add my own remembrance of all the brave Americans who lost their lives that day, all the equally brave Americans who did their best to rescue to their neighbors and friends.  I salute all these people from the bottom of my heart.  Many questions remain to this day concerning the why's, how's. and who's of that terrible day, but there is no question that all our neighbors who fell that day are true heroes, true Americans, true human embodiments of those great colors - Red, White, and Blue - those great colors that never fade, and never run.  I am proud to be an American, and proud to say to our brave departed friends, We are still here, Still strong, Still Standing...and we still, and will always, hold your memory in our hearts.  God Bless the Red, White, and Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Severe Blow to the Pride, Integrity, and Guts of Texas (and some Federal) Police

I have taken some time away from blogging, maybe I even gave up blogging.  But the recent and terrible murders in Uvalde, and the disgracefu...